Friday, March 13, 2015

Week 2 Goodbye goodbye

Hello my friends and family!

Can you believe that I've been here for two weeks?! Already??? Where has the time gone? Well here's the run down for my past five days...
Friday

The rest of PDay was pretty much a huge yearbook signing day. Well, first I had to get a tetnus shoot... Elders and Hermanas were swapping emails, taking 9 billion photos, and eating tons of random junk food. It was kind of sad to realize that the Latinas were leaving Tuesday morning.


Saturday
So I got to go real life proselyting! I got to leave the cage and explore the surrounding neighborhoods of Bogota! Crazy! Pretty much everyone we talked to kept asking if we understood, how long we had been in Colombia, and if we understood. One gentleman kept asking us over and over and over. But it was a ton of fun!
A guy named Luiz, he is a member and liked to help the new missionaries practice
Talking to some meat guys!
Sunday
We had a 70, Elder Torres come. Unfortunately I missed the devotional with him! I ended up having a bad reaction to my tetnus shot from Friday and had to lay down for most of the afternoon/evening. My back was killing me!! Oh well, I'm still alive obviously! We also got to watch Meet the Mormons, my first time! I highly suggest you watch it if you haven't.

Monday
So many many goodbyes. All my Latinas were leaving in the morning, so there were many last minute rushed goodbyes. It was so hard but knowing that this is only the first stop makes it a little easier in saying goodbye.

Tuesday
Today has been packed! I have been up since 2am! I helped Hermanas pack up their sheets, drag their forever heavy suitcases downstairs, and waved goodbye to many tear stained faces. How I miss them already. We went to the Bogota temple today as well and had lunch in the cafeteria. Then we went on a little tour of Bogota! We went up to Monserate, a really cool old church that is at 3,150 meters (I can't convert, so here's a math problem for you!). It was so cool. Then we got to go to the largest collection of gold relics in the world. It was awesome but I was so exhausted that I didn't really care...
Rode in a gondola, went up to 3,150 meters (10,334 ft)
View of Bogota
Monserate with the Nortes
Entrance to the Monserate
That's pretty much it for these past five days. I get to meet the new set of Latinas tomorrow morning. And we are only getting 3 elders from the United States. News: my PDay for the rest of my time in the CCM will only be on Tuesdays. They're changing it from every other Friday/following Tuesday. 

Hope you guys are all doing well!

Until next time,
The Strawberry Blonde Hermana
Gold Pieces from the Gold Museum




No comments:

Post a Comment